The Pregnancy Book: Month-by-month, Everything You Need To Know From America's Baby Experts
america's Foremost Baby And Childcare Experts Tell You What To Expect, Month By Month, From Conception Through Birth In This Uniquely Authoritative And Comprehensive Guide, Dr. Bill And Martha Sears, The Pediatrics Specialists Whose Books On Birth, Babies, And Parenting Have Become Widely Praised Bestsellers, Team Up With One Of America's Leading Obstetricians. The Result: The Definitive Book On Pregnancy For Expectant Parents Today. The Pregnancy Book Explains What Is Occurring In The Womb Step By Step, So That You Can Better Appreciate Why Your Body Behaves The Way It Does And Why You Feel The Way You Do. The Topics Covered Include:
• How Your Baby Is Growing, As Well As How You May Be Changing, Both Physically And Emotionally
• Concerns And Questions You May Have About Tests And Technology, Genetic Counseling, Childbirth Options, And Bonding With Your Preborn Baby
• Essential Information On Eating Right For Two
• How To Protect The Womb Environment And Recognize Potential Household Hazards
• Advice On Working While Pregnant-from Informing Your Boss To Dressing For The Job
• Exercising And Keeping Fit During Your Pregnancy
• Selecting A Childbirth Class
• Helpful Tips On Everything From Traveling While Pregnant To Overcoming Morning Sickness
• And Much More With A Detailed Special Section On Labor And Delivery, A Glossary Of Obstetrical Terms, And A Chapter Covering The Tenth Month-postpartum-the Pregnancy Book Is An Unrivaled Source Of Information, Counsel, And Comfort For Every Prospective Parent.
the Searses, Popular Childcare Experts And Authors (e.g., parenting The Fussy Baby And high-need Child, Lj 8/96), Have Teamed Up With Obstetrician Holt To Give Us This Work. Using A Month-by-month Format With Nice Illustrations That Show Normal Fetal Development, They Discuss A Wide Range Of Pregnancy Options Without Judgmental Bias. Scattered Throughout Are Helpful Hints And Stories From Other Pregnant Mothers That Give The Book A Comfortable Feel. Unfortunately, Adequate Information On Possible Problems Is Missing From The Text Itself, Though The Preface Does Note That Rare Conditions Are Covered In An Appendix (not Available For Review). A Nice Supplement To Arlene Eisenberg And Heidi Merkoff's what To Expect When You're Expecting (workman, 1995. Rev. Ed.) And the Mayo Clinic Complete Book Of Pregnancy & baby's First Year (lj 1/95). Given The Popularity Of The Authors, Expect Requests.kellyjo Houtz Griffin, Auburn, Wash.
Authors : William Sears, Martha Sears, Linda Hughey Holt
Publisher : Little, Brown And Company
Published Year : 1997
Edition : Reprint
Format : Paperback, 448 pages
Language : English
Dimensions : 7.50 (w) x 9.25 (h) x 1.12 (d)
ISBN : 0316779148
ISBN13 : 9780316779142
America's foremost baby and childcare experts tell you what to expect, month by month, from conception through birth In this uniquely authoritative and comprehensive guide, Dr. Bill and Martha Sears, the pediatrics specialists whose books on birth, babies, and parenting have become widely praised bestsellers, team up with one of America's leading obstetricians. The result: the definitive book on pregnancy for expectant parents today. The Pregnancy Book explains what is occurring in the womb step by step, so that you can better appreciate why your body behaves the way it does and why you feel the way you do. The topics covered include:
• how your baby is growing, as well as how you may be changing, both physically and emotionally
• concerns and questions you may have about tests and technology, genetic counseling, childbirth options, and bonding with your preborn baby
• essential information on eating right for two
• how to protect the womb environment and recognize potential household hazards
• advice on working while pregnant-from informing your boss to dressing for the job
• exercising and keeping fit during your pregnancy
• selecting a childbirth class
• helpful tips on everything from traveling while pregnant to overcoming morning sickness
• and much more With a detailed special section on labor and delivery, a glossary of obstetrical terms, and a chapter covering "the tenth month"-postpartum-The Pregnancy Book is an unrivaled source of information, counsel, and comfort for every prospective parent.
"...the definitive guide for expectant mothers everywhere... spells out everything that's going on at each stage, including how women may feel emotionally as well as physically, how the baby is growing, and doctor's visits."