The Big Summer Cookbook: 300 Fresh, Flavorful Recipes For Those Lazy, Hazy Days
Celebrate the season's bounty with these luscious summer recipes!
Summer is the most delicious season, when markets burst with the sweetest fruits, the juiciest vegetables, and the freshest, most aromatic herbs. It's also the season when we gather in parks and backyards for picnics and barbecues, armed with ready supplies of meat for the grill, summery salads and sides, refreshing ice-cold drinks, and delicious desserts.
In The Big Summer Cookbook, Jeff Cox shares 300 simple, versatile recipes that range from classic American summertime staples to creative takes on the season's best produce. Whether you're hosting a big outdoor party or an intimate dinner on the porch, serving brunch to summer house guests or packing lunch for the beach or lake, you'll find plenty of great ideas for turning every summer meal into a feast for the soul and the senses.
- Breakfast and brunch: Lemon Pancakes, Easy Tomato Tarts, and Zucchini Quiche
- Summer sandwiches and breads: Fish Tacos, Lobster Rolls, and Italian Hoagies
- Fresh, cool salads: Grilled Corn Salad, Watermelon-Mango Salad, and Cole Slaw
- Must-Have main dishes: Blue Cheese and Bacon Burgers, Southern Fried Chicken, and Mango Shrimp
- Flavorful vegetables and sides: Grill-Roasted Corn on the Cob and Quick Skillet Squash
- Desserts: Peach Delight, Summer Stone Fruit Cobbler, and Blueberry-Yogurt Popsicles
- Plus: frozen drinks, finger foods, dips, dressings, marinades, and much more!
Author : Jeff Cox
Publisher : Wiley
Published Year : 2010-04-19
Edition : 1
Format : Paperback, 352 pages
ISBN : 0470114274
ISBN13 : 9780470114278