Sugar Busters! Cut Sugar To Trim Fat
Authors : H. Leighton Steward, Morrison Bethea M.d., Sam Andrews M.d., Luis Balart M.d.
Publisher : Ballantine Books
Published Year : 1998
Edition : 1
Format : Hardcover, 288 pages
Subject : Carbohydrates, Refined, Pathophysiology, Insulin, Sugar-free Diet
Language : Eng
Dimensions : 5.82 (w) x 8.59 (h) x 1.03 (d)
ISBN : 0345425588
ISBN13 : 9780345425584
Overview :Sugar Busters!: Cut Sugar to Trim Fat
- Lose weight
- Lower your cholesterol
- Achieve optimal wellness
- Increase your energy
- Help treat diabetes and other diseases
Featuring easy recipes from New Orleans top restaurants -- and a 14-day meal plan!
It's time to face facts. Low fat diets don't work. Thousands of Americans on low-fat, high-carbohydrate regimes gain back their weight in record numbers, often wreaking unhealthy havoc on their bodies. Why? Because the culprit isn't too much fat, it's too much sugar -- and low-fat food is full of it. The truth is sugar causes the production of insulin which, in large amounts, keeps your weight from dropping off, no matter how strictly you diet or how often you exercise. Just look at the ingredients of your favorite foods: sugar is everywhere. So how can you possibly avoid it? The answer: Sugar Busters! Developed by three renowned physicians and a CEO of a Fortune 500 company, Sugar Busters! is a revolutionary new diet plan based on sound nutritional principles that shows you how to eliminate sugar from your daily menu through easy-to-follow recipes and meal plans. This effective and groundbreaking program steers you away from overhyped (and insulin-producing) starches such as potatoes and pasta, white bread and white rice, carrots and corn -- and leads you toward sensible consumption of delicious foods once considered taboo. With Sugar Busters! you will
- Develop a diet plan that is right for you
- Determine the glycemic levels of various foods with a handy glycemic index
- Discover which foods to eat at what time of day
- Avoid food combinations that add pounds
- Learn the myths of calories, fats, cholesterol, and weight gain
- Feel great, increase your energy, and prevent chronic disease
Simple, practical, and easy to adapt to your busy lifestyle -- including savory gourmet meal plans designed by 12 of New Orleans' famous restaurants like Antoine's, Galatoire's, Commander's Palace, and Brennan's -- Sugar Busters! is the diet of the future, an amazing, new approach to eating, nutrition, and health.
Throw away your fat-gram counters. Forget those outdated calorie concepts. Feast on a delicious, diet-healthy table of red meat, lamb chops, salads with Roquefort dressing, even red wine -- and still lose weight. Remember:
- Cutting calories in the diet only leads to temporary weight loss.
- Fats are vitally important to your body's metabolic process.
- Large meals should never be eaten before going to bed -- because cholesterol is also manufactured at night.
- Fruits should not be eaten in combination with carbohydrates and fats.
- A glass of wine has less sugar than an ear of corn.
- Baked potatoes quickly convert to sugar in your stomach.