Self-assertion For Women
the Bestselling Assertiveness Guide That Shows Women How To Get What They Wantreissued With A New Preface By The Author.
self-assertion For Women Offers Practical Advice With Realistic Sample Dialogues And Step-by-step Exercises Showing Women How They Can:
- learn To Communicate Clearly And Effectively
- protect Themselves From Misread Signals In Public, As Well As Intimate, Situations
- maintain Professional Authority Without Becoming Aggressive
- deal Appropriately With Sexual Harassment
- express Positive And Negative Feelings Without Anxiety
- set Boundaries And Assert Themselves Freely While Maintaining Loving Relationships
- idenify Assertiveness Blind Spots
Butler's Strategies Can Be Applied By All Women In Any Situation That Requires Direct, Effective, And Positive Action.
Author : Pamela E. Butler
Publisher : Harpercollins Publishers
Published Year : 1992
Edition : Rev. ed
Format : Paperback, 288 pages
Dimensions : 5.12 (w) x 7.90 (h) x 0.68 (d)
ISBN : 0062501259
ISBN13 : 9780062501257
Overview :The bestselling assertiveness guide that shows women how to get what they want--reissued with a new preface by the author.
Self-Assertion for Women offers practical advice with realistic sample dialogues and step-by-step exercises showing women how they can:
- learn to communicate clearly and effectively
- protect themselves from misread signals in public, as well as intimate, situations
- maintain professional authority without becoming aggressive
- deal appropriately with sexual harassment
- express positive and negative feelings without anxiety
- set boundaries and assert themselves freely while maintaining loving relationships
- idenify "assertiveness blind spots"
Butler's strategies can be applied by all women in any situation that requires direct, effective, and positive action.
Reissued with a new preface by the author, this bestselling guide offers practical advice with realistic dialogues and step-by-step exercises that show women how they can attain liberation, power, and respect without forsaking their femininity. Dr. Butler gets to the roots of self-esteem with principles that apply to all women and to any situation. Originally published in 1976.