Add: Helping Your Child: Untying The Knot Of Attention Deficit Disorder
Authors : Barbara Steinberg Smalley, Warren Umansky
Publisher : Grand Central Publishing
Published Year : 1994
Edition : 1
Format : Paperback, 210 pages
Dimensions : 5.28 (w) x 7.98 (h) x 0.59 (d)
ISBN : 0446670138
ISBN13 : 9780446670135
From trouble at school to conflicts at home: If your child is stuck in a cycle of frustration, he or she may be suffering from ADD.
Attention Deficit Disorder is one of today's most misdiagnosed diseases. Often over-looked completely or confused with many other problems such as learning disabilities, ADD is an organic condition that affects between 3 and 10 percent of all school-aged children and causes unpredictable and in appropriate behavior, poor school performance, and isolation from peers. But ADD can be treated. This book offers a thorough explanation of ADD and a breakthrough, home-based program for helping the child with ADD. Here are the tools and insight you need to:
- Get your child tested for ADD-and eliminate other possible causes of unusual behavior
- Become your child's advocate at school and even with his or her friends
- Ease your child's inner frustration and help maintain his or her self-esteem
- Develop strategies for success in the classroom
- Separate the myths from the facts about ADD medication, including stimulants and anti-depressants.
This comprehensive guidebook on Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)--an organic condition that affects between three and ten percent of all school-aged children and causes unpredictable and inappropriate behavior, poor performance, and isolation from peers--is designed to help increase the victim's self-esteem, boost their grades, and help them cope with its frustrations.